I’ve been nominated for my first blogging award! The Liebster Award is an internet award tag in which bloggers learn more about one another, the community and themselves. I created my website to write about my passions as well as create a support network for others so it’s really exciting to be involved in something like this.
Thank you so much Oh, Nath for the tag. It means a lot to be acknowledged!
I personally really enjoy her quarantine update posts so I definitely recommend checking them out.
- Thank the person who nominated you, and put a link of their blog to your blog.
- Answer the questions given to you.
- Nominate 2-6 blogs that you feel would enjoy blogging about the award and notify them about it.
- You may/may not create 11 new questions for your nominees. If so, the more creative the better.
1. Describe your blogging journey in 3 words.
Fulfilling. Creative. Inspiring.
2. What do you love most about blogging?
Certainly the freedom to write about whatever I like. I enjoy writing posts that make people feel less alone, it’s therapeutic for me and hopefully beneficial to readers.
3. How long does it take you to compose a blog post?
It really depends on what I’m publishing. Most posts take 40 minutes minimum. Articles that require lots of prior research or work (such as my ‘Join My Journey’ series) are the most time consuming in comparison to personal posts that are more spontaneous and less structured.
4. Imagine visiting your 7- or 10-year-old self, what would be his/her advice/message to your current self?
My 10 year old self would encourage me to do lots of writing. Hopefully I’ve made her proud through my hard work.
5. What’s one thing you learned during this time of quarantine?
The importance of balance. Balance between rest and activity, silence and cacophony, peace and chaos etc.
6. Coffee or tea?
Tea 100%. I drink about 5 mugs a day…
7. What are the three things you are grateful for today?
Family, friends and my record player.
8. When you are feeling down, what do you do to cheer yourself up?
Listen to music, I think I have a playlist for almost every human emotion. My favourite musicians are Harry Styles, Mac Miller, Frank Ocean but Fleetwood Mac are my go-to band if I’m feeling down.
9. What’s one habit you want to break and why?
Analysing myself in the mirror/ a picture of myself until I dislike every part of my appearance.
10. What is your dream destination?
I have two, is that cheating…? Firstly, Kenya. (I’d love to stay at the Giraffe Manor hotel.) I’d also love to visit Iceland and bathe in the Blue Lagoon.
11. What language would you like to learn?
French – each sentence sounds so romantic and poetic.
Arshia, Georgina Kate Allen and Ayesha as I love all of their blogs. I also nominate anyone reading this that wants to get involved. This is obviously optional so don’t worry if you don’t want to join.
Questions for nominees!
- 1. Explain the title of your blog
- 2. What is your goal in life?
- 3. What is on your bucket list?
- 4. What blog posts do you enjoy writing the post?
- 5. What blog posts do you enjoy reading the most?
- 6. What is something that someone has said to you that will remain engrained in your memory forever?
- 7. Do you prefer reading or writing?
- 8. Who/ what inspires you?
- 9. What scares you?
- 10. What’s your dream career?
- 11. What advice would you give to your younger self?
Thank you for reading and thanks again to Nath for the nomination. Her post is linked here: https://ohnananath.com/2020/05/26/the-liebster-award/