The magic of music lies in it’s ability to depict a different story and aura to each individual. Today I decided to create something new and merge two art forms (music and fashion) and show how music can potentially inspire outfits.
#1 Adore You, Harry Styles
“Walk in your rainbow paradise
Strawberry lipstick state of mind
I get so lost inside your eyes”
Revolving around the overwhelming infatuation and excitement in the early stages of a relationship, this song conveys colourful happiness and the state of being carefree, hence the bright, loose clothing. The enticing and kaleidoscopic nature of the single, inspired by the 80s, encouraged me to add a pair of flared trousers.
- Sunglasses: Gucci, inspired by Harry’s kissy Instagram post
- Eyeshadow png: Polyvore
- Top: Kay Top in Bright Green, h:ours, Revolve
- Trousers: Annina Trouser Jean in Idyll, Citizens of Humanity, Revolve
#2 Visions of Gideon, Sufjan Stevens
“I have loved you for the last time
Visions of Gideon, visions of Gideon“
This heartbreaking yet tranquil song is a reminder of the beautiful aesthetics in the movie ‘Call Me By Your Name’. The biblical reference, susurration and vocal vibrations influenced soft, neutral tones in the garments I featured below. Gold is a colour connoting illumination, prosperity and is representative of the spark between lovers.
- Top and Skirt: Sawyer in Gold, Majorelle, Revolve
- Bag: Bianca Ball Mesh Handle Bag in Gold, olga berg, Revolve
- Paired with a beautiful glitter eyeshadow look (cc: Pinterest)
#3 Young and Beautiful, Lana Del Rey
“Will you still love me
When I’m no longer young and beautiful?
Written for the soundtrack of The Great Gatsby, this song relates to the flapper girl image and the reality of the twenties. Lana’s ethereal voice corresponds with the graceful beauty expected of women therefore I have selected pieces that are loosely inspired by the twenties (opulent feathers and sophisticated colours) and ‘The Great Gatsby’ that are still fashionable now.
- Bag: Jacquemus Black Le Grand Chiquito Top Handle Bag
- Dress: Revolve, Hailey Dress in Ivory and Black, LPA
- Shoe: Revolve, Alea Heel In Black, RAYE
- Perfectly paired with a bag in one hand, a champagne flute in the other
Thank you so much for reading! This is a new idea so I only featured three songs with brief descriptions, however, dependant on feedback, I could add to the list in the future. Please let me know your thoughts in the comment section below.
Stay safe! Lots of love,